Champagne Minière F&R
Family-owned for 4 generations, this estate is located in Hermonville, to the north-west of Reims. In 2005, it was taken over by Frédéric and Rodolphe, who have been vinifying their cuvées exclusively in oak barrels since 2007. Our vineyard covers an area of 8 ha and is situated on sandy-loam soil and chalk susbsoil. The South-South-East exposure of the hillsides is ideal.
Our vines, averaging 40 years of age, are cultivated using a very integrated approach, with particular respect for the environment in which they grow.
We produce a full range of Champagnes, which include blended cuvées like such as our Influence cuvée, and also blanc de blancs, rosé, blanc de noirs cuvées, vintages and a cuvée produced from old French vines. All of our Champagnes are vinified and aged in wood, with no malolactic fermentation, and cellar-aged on lees for at least 6 years, and longer for the vintages.
A reflection of our terroir, the Influence cuvée is a blend of 30% Pinot Noir, 30% Meunier. 25% Chardonnay and 15% reserve wines. Aged for six years in the cellars. Brut dosed at 5g.
Produced from the 2007 harvest, our Influence cuvée displays a golden robe with pale, golden reflections. Strong, rich nose with aromas of dried apricot, mango and salted butter caramel. A subtly wooded wine with grilled and fresh wood notes. After airing, its complexity is expressed via candied fruit and honey notes.
On the palate, chocolate notes reveal the full maturity of this wine, with a beautiful length and deep freshness.
- Terroir : sandy-loam soils on chalk subsoil
- Grape varieties : 25 % chardonnay, 30 % pinot noir, 30 % meunier + 15% reserve wines – vines averaging 40 years of age
- Production : 3000 bottles and 50 magnums (for the 2007 vintage)
- Barrels : 228 l and 300 l barrels: Blend of 30% barrels up to 4 years old and 70% barrels aged between 5 and 10 years old
- Vinification : Fermentation and ageing for 7 to 8 months in barrels with regular stirring of the lees for 3 to 4 months. No triggering of malolactic fermentation. Lightly filtered before bottling
- Aging : 7 years bottle ageing, on lees